An overheated power bank caught fire onboard Scoot flight Taipei Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) as the aircraft was taxiing to runway for departure. The owner of the power bank and his co-traveller suffered minor burns to their fingers and medical assistance was provided immediately, Scoot said in a statement. The aircraft was immediately taken to stand, firefighters were called and all the passengers were safely disembarked without further incident. Photos and videos of the incident have since circulated on social media, showing the cabin filled with smoke and flight attendants keeping passengers away from the fire. Meanwhile

This content is restricted to site members.

If you are an existing user, please login below.
New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In