Tata SIA startup to be named “Vistara”

TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP
By TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP August 12, 2014 20:23

Tata SIA startup to be named “Vistara”

Tata SIA Airlines has announced that its New Delhi-based startup will be called “Vistara”, with the carrier scheduled to start operations in October.

“‘Vistara’ is derived from a Sanskrit word and implies ‘limitless expanse,’” the Tata Group said via a statement on its website.

Tata SIA Airlines chairman Prasad Menon said: “Today is a momentous day for the Tata group and Singapore Airlines. Vistara will redefine the way we travel in India. I can confidently say that Tata’s and SIA’s legendary hospitality standards and service excellence will make Vistara a natural choice for passengers.”

Tata owns 51% of Tata SIA, while Singapore Airlines owns the remaining 49%.

The carrier intends to operate A320s leased from Singapore-based BOC Aviation, and will receive its first aircraft in September, growing its fleet to 20 aircraft by 2019.

TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP
By TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP August 12, 2014 20:23