On March 3, 2015, Macquarie Group finally signed an agreement to acquire a 90-aircraft operating lease portfolio from AWAS Aviation Capital. Terra Firma owns a 75% stake in AWAS with the remaining 25% stake owned by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB). Terra Firma and CPPIB are long-time investors in AWAS, both first investing in the company in 2006, and have worked closely to secure the optimal result in this deal. “We have transformed AWAS since buying it nine years ago, making it one of the top aircraft leasing companies in the world,” said Guy Hands, Chairman and Chief Investment

This content is restricted to site members.

If you are an existing user, please login below.
New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In