4th – 6th November 2019 | Grand Hyatt, Hong Kong, China
GATS information session (Hong Kong) – Agenda
5 November 2019 | 17h00-18h00 | Grand Hyatt, Hong Kong
17:00 | Welcome remarks – David Walton (BOC Aviation)
17:10 | Panel 1 – Commercial benefits of using the Global Aircraft Trading System (GATS)
- What are the main commercial benefits of GATS?
- How will fees be structured?
- What efforts are being made to enhance the recognition of trusts?
- Are there any tax consequences of using GATS?
- Future applications of the GATS platform
David Swan (SMBC)
John Ludden (GECAS)
Tom Woods (KPMG)
Jeffrey Wool (AWG)
17:35 | Panel 2 – Legal background to GATS
- What are the legal concepts underpinning GATS?
- How will airlines benefit and are an airline’s rights protected?
- How will the GATS Platform actually work?
- Interaction with Cape Town Convention
- Who can use GATS and how do they go about becoming a GATS Party?
Dominic Pearson (WFW)
Drew Fine (Milbank)
David Berkery (ALG)
17:58 | Demonstration of the GATS platform video
18:00 | Reception sponsored by Rolls Royce & Partners Finance
This session is being held in cooperation with the Airline Economics Growth Frontiers Hong Kong 2019 conference.