The launch of Thai Tiger Airways will be delayed by two months as the financing strategy of parent Thai Airways International (Thai) has been rejected by the Transport Ministry. Thai had planned to use a Bt99.8-million ($3.3million) extraordinary budget to pay for its 49.9% equity stake; however it now plans to turn to its regular outlay, which has resulted in the two month delay. Ampon Kittiampon, chairman of Thai, has confirmed employees of Thai Tiger who have Thai citizenship would hold a collective 1.1% stake in the new carrier, making the total Thai shareholding 51%. Tiger Airways Holdings will hold

This content is restricted to site members.

If you are an existing user, please login below.
New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In