QANTAS AND ROLLS-ROYCE DISCUSS OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT

TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP
By TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP January 20, 2011 08:11

QANTAS AND ROLLS-ROYCE DISCUSS OUT OF COURT SETTLEMENT

Qantas Airways is working towards a commercial settlement with Rolls-Royce over last year’s mid-air engine explosion.

Chief executive Alan Joyce said the airline’s wanted to reach an out of court settlement but the fact that it had already initiated a lawsuit in an Australian court in case, this might no longer be an option.

“We are talking to Rolls and our primary objective is to resolve this commercially. The dialogue will continue as long as it takes,” Joyce is reported as saying in an interview with Reuters.

Joyce also said that although half-year results show that yields were improving, fuel costs will impact the airline considerably in the coming months and that it was in the airline’s interest to recover any costs from the incident with Rolls-Royce.

The Qantas CEO admitted Qantas and Rolls-Royce had disagreed over the engine incident but confirmed it would continue with its orders for 13 A380s or Rolls-Royce engines.

TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP
By TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP January 20, 2011 08:11
Write a comment

No Comments

No Comments Yet!

Let me tell You a sad story ! There are no comments yet, but You can be first one to comment this article.

Write a comment

Only <a href="http://www.aviationnews-online.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aviationnews-online.com%2Fregulatory%2Fqantas-and-rolls-royce-discuss-out-of-court-settlement%2F"> registered </a> users can comment.