TAV to acquire stake in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport

TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP
By TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP September 16, 2014 19:41

TAV to acquire stake in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport

Turkish airport operator TAV Airports and Limak Group have signed an agreement to acquire a 40% stake in Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport. Once the deal is approved, the airport will subsequently be owned by TAV and Malaysia Airports, which owns the remaining 60%.

TAV Airports president and CEO Sani Şener said: “Becoming a partner at Sabiha Gökçen Airport is a bold strategic move for TAV, as Atatürk Airport is planned to be closed when the new airport will be put into service in Istanbul. It is the responsibility of TAV senior management to anticipate the termination of our Atatürk Airport operation by finding the opportunity to extend our footprint in Istanbul and to benefit fully from Istanbul’s traffic growth potential until at least 2030.”

TAV Airports operates Istanbul Atatürk, Ankara Esenboğa, Izmir Adnan Menderes, Milas Bodrum and Alanya Gazipaşa airports in Turkey, as well as the airports at Tbilisi and Batumi in Georgia, Monastir and Enfidha-Hammamet in Tunisia, Skopje and Ohrid in Macedonia, Madinah in Saudi Arabia, and Zagreb in Croatia.

TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP
By TESTCustomwebLP TESTCustomwebLP September 16, 2014 19:41