4th June 2019 | Carlton Hotel, Tel Aviv
Events at a glance
1st Annual Airline Economics Growth Frontiers Israel 2019 – Aviation Investment, finance & Leasing
Carlton Hotel, Tel Aviv
Tuesday 4th June 2019 – 2nd floor ballroom
09:00-17:00 | Growth Frontiers Conference
18:00-22:00 | The 1st Annual Commercial Aviation Investment networking event – The roof of the Carlton Hotel
Tuesday 4th June 2019
Airline Economics Growth Frontiers Conference
08:00 | Morning registration & refreshments
08:55 | Chairman’s opening remarks
Ran Ackerman, MK Aviation
08:55 | Global aviation sector overview, how investors should view the airline sector in the current and mid-term, and the market for narrow body and widebody aircraft
09:35 | The Key Elements behind aircraft valuations – Is the investor secure?
10:10 | Boeing Aircraft Market Overview & Outlook
Investing in Boeing aircraft.
10:50 | Coffee break
11:00 | The Fundamental Mechanics of the Cape Town Convention & Global Aircraft Trading System (GATS) update
11:40 | Legal aspects of aircraft investment, leasing & finance
Registration, repossession, jurisdiction, transferability.
12:20 | Airline Finance Panel
IFRS16, accounting, financing challenges in Israel vs other places.
13:00 | Lunch
14:00 | Investing in aviation – aircraft Lessors and Banks / Aviation and the capital markets
What makes aviation structures/ABS deals so attractive, what are the returns to be expected and how can investors get involved.
14:40 | Asset Management (Technical and Remarketing) for Investors
Managing risk, dealing with aircraft repossession, transferability and reconfiguration.
15:20 | Commercial Aviation Banking Panel
- Investor market status/sentiment, opportunities, challenges
- Israeli banks, capital market/institutional investor participation in aviation
- Can credit driven companies make a margin in this market.
16:00 | Leasing & Asset Manager Panel
16:45 | Fuel Hedging Presentation
17:20 | High yield mid-age aircraft lease and technical risks Vs New Aircraft investment
- Introduction to mid-age aircraft market
- Investors’ appetite. Available fund in the market, target returns, aircraft types
- Investing in aircraft. Capital Growth and Projected Residual Values
- Why invest in mid-age aircraft (Returns, Financing, Aircraft demand, Economics conditions, Strong performance by airlines in Europe and Asia-Pacific)
- Technical risks (Aircraft acquisition, preparation, technical management, engine restauration, legal risks, etc.)
- First-hand experience in investing in mid-age aircraft. Business case
- The main differences to consider against investing in new aircraft
- Aircraft conversions (such as the 737-800) and the impact for residual values and reducing the end of lease risks
18:00 | Chairman’s closing remarks
Ran Ackerman, MK Aviation
18:00 | The 1st Annual Commercial Aviation Investment networking event – The roof of the Carlton Hotel