The magazine trim size is 278mm (10.95") high x 210mm (8.27") wide.
The live area is 258mm (10.16") high x 186mm (7.32") wide.
Custom size ad specifications can be notified at time of quotation.
Digital Formats & File Specifications
Adobe Acrobat PDFs
PDFs must be generated from professional DTP applications (QuarkXpress, InDesign, etc.). Please note that PDFs generated from Microsoft Office applications are not suitable for reproduction in print publications.
- PDFs should use the PDF 1.4 compression standard (Acrobat 5 compatible) or the PDF/X1a standard
- Files should be composite PDF, CMYK colour space (please do not use spot colours within PDFs unless by prior arrangement. Files should not contain RGB images
- Files should contain one artwork piece per PDF.
Colour bitmaps CMYK, effective resolution 300dpi
Monochrome bitmaps (linework) 1200dpi
- Please add 3mm (0.118”) bleed on all edges of full-page artwork.
- Include crop marks, offset by 10pt.
- The creator must apply any trapping requirements regarding overprint and knockout. Specific trapping requirements must be highlighted prior to supply.
- A hard copy proof must be supplied which has been generated from the PDF file.
- A colour match proof is required for colour checking, other proofs will be used for content checking only.
- File content is the responsibility of the originator.
NB: Artwork supplied which does not comply with the above standards may be subject to modification. Aviation News cannot guarantee that modified artwork will be reproduced as intended by the supplier. Aviation News is not liable for compensation regarding the reproduction of noncompliant artwork.
If you are unable to supply PDFs in compliance with the above standards, we also accept files in the following formats:
- Tiff or JPEG images (300dpi at the required print size).
- EPS files (please convert fonts to outlines).
Sending Digital Artwork Materials
- We can also accept artwork files via FTP, by prior arrangement.
- Please note we no longer accept advertising film.
Advertising Terms & Conditions
- Discounts are available for multiple bookings made in print and online.
- 15% commission is granted only to recognised media agencies that supply completed artwork copy material, in PDF format preferably.
- UK advertisers’ insertions are subject to VAT.
- Prices for inserts, CDs and reprints are available by request.
- Quotes for gatefold covers, sequential pages, belly-wraps and other custom advertisements are available by request.
- Production of new advertisement artwork copy may be charged at cost. Correcting or altering existing artwork may be charged at cost.
- An insertion order agreement form must accompany all advertisement insertions booked.
- Invoices are payable within 30 days of receipt of publication. Payments can be made by bank transfer or company cheque (£ Sterling, $ US Dollars or € Euros). Advertisers must use a set currency. Our rates are fixed each year and will not be altered with fluctuating currency exchanges rates.
- Advertisers are responsible for the on-time delivery of digital artwork copy material. Advertisers are also responsible for advising us of an artwork copy changes or repeat instructions, in time for our deadlines. Artwork will be returned by request only. After 12 months it may be disposed of.
* Late payments may be subject to surcharge or other action, as deemed necessary.
- Cancellations or transfers of advertisement insertions can only be accepted if written notification is received not less than two months prior to the relevant issue booking deadline. If insufficient notice is provided a penalty of 100 per cent of the agreed rate may be charged, or a short-rate may be imposed.